• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 boxeestorm

boxeestorm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:05 PM

Looks like Navi-X is once again dead. It opens but no files can be played although they are visible. This is the case both on my iPad on XBMC and on my Boee Box. The entire navixtreme domain is down it seems. On the Boxee Box the Boxee+ hacks system reboots after many of the failed file or folder load attempt in Navi-X.

Any information on what's going on? Previously we've had the navixtreme and boxee tv forums to report such issues and get information.

#2 nuggyblake

nuggyblake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:14 AM

navi-x was infact experiencing issues yesterday but is back up. Again, if you ever have issues with Navi-x, especially during the week when it should be fine, try logging into http://www.navixtreme.com/ . If it does not load, its down. If it does, but slowly, its a bandwidth issue, if it loads without issue, its you.

This is the site where the navi-x developers hang out. You will get an answer quickly over there. Create an account and support navi-x directly.

#3 boxeestorm

boxeestorm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:37 AM

Yes, I have posted there before. But like I said it was down. :) I guess I should have waited a day before posting maybe. Anyway thanks for answering! :)

#4 gmd024

gmd024

Admin

• Administrators
  • 209 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:32 AM

Yes, I have posted there before. But like I said it was down. :) I guess I should have waited a day before posting maybe. Anyway thanks for answering! :)

You can use this also when most any site seems to be down... http://www.downforev...neorjustme.com/

#5 gmd024

gmd024

Admin

• Administrators
  • 209 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:35 AM

Before the panic sets in, it looks as though Navi-x is temporarily... - Agian!

;)   :D

#6 boxeestorm

boxeestorm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:08 AM

Hehe, great video! Feel a mild panic I must confess, but I shall fight to overcome it!

#7 kw1965

kw1965

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:42 PM

Unable to enter Navi-Extreme 1.47 on Boxee Box, keeps coming up as "Error Cannot open file" and also cannot enter navix.turner3d.net via computer. 

#8 boxeestorm

boxeestorm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:23 AM

Yesterday my Favorites worked although I couldn't browse or search for anything. Today it is all dead. I guess that if I exit Navi-X I won't be able to restart the app at all maybe.

Again I am reminded that I need to replace the Boxee Box with a working streaming box, but I don't know what to get. Tried preordering a Little Black Box a while back but they seemed uninterested in shipping one to Norway. An old second hand Apple TV may be the only way to go as the new ones still haven't been jailbroken I think. Or maybe some sort of mini PC or small laptop only running XBMC and hooked up directly to the TV. I don't know.

#9 gmd024

gmd024

Admin

• Administrators
  • 209 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:45 AM

Yesterday my Favorites worked although I couldn't browse or search for anything. Today it is all dead. I guess that if I exit Navi-X I won't be able to restart the app at all maybe.

Again I am reminded that I need to replace the Boxee Box with a working streaming box, but I don't know what to get. Tried preordering a Little Black Box a while back but they seemed uninterested in shipping one to Norway. An old second hand Apple TV may be the only way to go as the new ones still haven't been jailbroken I think. Or maybe some sort of mini PC or small laptop only running XBMC and hooked up directly to the TV. I don't know.

If you're saying the Boxee Box is causing your Navi-x issue, it's not... Navi-x is down on all platforms/media boxes/installed on a computers/.etc - Check the other 2 or 3 forums with Navi-x threads and you'll see they are all saying it's down -- my three BBoxes are running just fine and I'll use them until they 'bite the dust' (mostly for streaming a large local media library)

You might want to check the Little Black Box's forum before you make a decision... http://www.tlbbforum.com/

I can't say from experience, but from hearsay, the Apple TV is a good choice - maybe member nuggyblake will chime in and give you some 'expert' advise on this subject

The Ouya runs XBMC very well and with 1080p - and the G-Box Midnight MX2 is a good choice also, but currently an android box only supports 720p

If you consider a small nettop PC check out the wide range of Zotac ZBOXES - I've got my eye on the ZBOX-ID90-PLUS-U... I just need a strong nudge to justify pulling the trigger on an expensive (but 'Fully Loaded') nettop, excluding an OS and a few more GBs of RAM -- the ZBOXNANO-ID65-PLUS-U would be a close 2nd choice

#10 boxeestorm

boxeestorm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:43 AM

No what I mean is that on the Boxee Box you only have Navi-X and YouTube. In my country not even NetFlix. A Boxee Box cannot currently be used for much (except streaming downloaded files from a PC, that I no longer bother with). But a different device running something like XBMC will have 1Channel, Icefilms etc as separate "channels" without going through Navi-X. Other options for direct streaming of online content.

I was reading about Raspberry Pi here when it ocurred to me that I already have a jailbroken iPad running XBMC as well as a chinese gaming consol running Android with HDMI out. So I should be able to simply plug one of those into the TV and go. That is to say, the gaming console needs to be charged and the iPad needs an AV adapter that I don't have right here and now.

But it should works as an emergency solution until I get something more elegant with a remote. :) I'll check out the alternatives you mentioned, thanks!

#11 gmd024

gmd024

Admin

• Administrators
  • 209 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:15 AM

No what I mean is that on the Boxee Box you only have Navi-X and YouTube. In my country not even NetFlix. A Boxee Box cannot currently be used for much (except streaming downloaded files from a PC, that I no longer bother with). But a different device running something like XBMC will have 1Channel, Icefilms etc as separate "channels" without going through Navi-X. Other options for direct streaming of online content.

I was reading about Raspberry Pi here when it ocurred to me that I already have a jailbroken iPad running XBMC as well as a chinese gaming consol running Android with HDMI out. So I should be able to simply plug one of those into the TV and go. That is to say, the gaming console needs to be charged and the iPad needs an AV adapter that I don't have right here and now.

But it should works as an emergency solution until I get something more elegant with a remote. :) I'll check out the alternatives you mentioned, thanks!

OK - I understand what you meant about the BBox

And about the RPi - I got the first one available with 256 RAM and then the next one with 512 RAM... they were fun to play with for a while, kind of a novelty at first - but both were eventually boxed up and put in storage with the rest of the trial/error media players I've tinkered with over the years - they were kind of a pain to install/load everything I wanted to access media from... compared to the other 'plug n play devices' available today (but of course a lot more expensive than the RPi)

If you check out the G-Box MX2, be sure to check out Superfly's "Fully Loaded' versions of XBMC - he's got tons of addins already 'baked' into his XBMC app and it's very easy to install them (using his instructions) -- http://matricom.net/forums/

#12 boxeestorm

boxeestorm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:38 AM

Oooh, the G-Box looks very promising.

EDIT again: There! I've ordered one! :D Thanks a lot for the tip! Ordered a Mele Airmouse remote as well.

#13 boxeestorm

boxeestorm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:58 AM

Getting back on the subject, yesterday the navixtreme domain was taken over by some sort of questionable advertising page with localized ads. For me the page was in Norwegian and promised that I could win an iPhone by doing this and that. Now it is simply down again. Could have been some sort of browser hijacking or virus here, although I don't know if that is even possible since I use an iPad.

#14 gmd024

gmd024

Admin

• Administrators
  • 209 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:53 AM

Getting back on the subject, yesterday the navixtreme domain was taken over by some sort of questionable advertising page with localized ads. For me the page was in Norwegian and promised that I could win an iPhone by doing this and that. Now it is simply down again. Could have been some sort of browser hijacking or virus here, although I don't know if that is even possible since I use an iPad.

There was mention a couple months ago about Navi-x needing someone to donate a server in order to keep N/X 'up' - I'm not sure why it's been down for so long this time... no one's really saying - there's a couple threads for N/X on the XBMCHUB forums but the only thing being said is that's "It's still down" - no one is saying why

In the mean time you can fill in for N/X using XBMC on a computer... with all the addins that's available, it'll take you a long time just to figure out which ones you want and then add them into XBMC for viewing -- or consider the G-Box MX2 that I mentioned with S/fly's fully loaded version of XBMC on it

#15 kw1965

kw1965

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:22 AM

I was thinking of going for the MyGica EnjoyTV 1200

MP00043-1BS.jpg
mygica80.png
DUAL-CORE HD ANDROID
UK STOCK + FREE UK DELIVERY
Dual-core Amlogic M6 box with pre-installed XBMC featuring internal 1080p HD video support and 5.1 channel HD-Audio passthrough.Mali400MP2 GPU. 1GB RAM. HDMI, composite, component, TOSLINK outputs. Built in Wi-Fi and LAN. 4x USB, 1x SD ports. Full UK/Euro Play Store.

Has the Android XMBC and Google Play store, expandable 4GB internal Storage also supports an external HDD

#16 gmd024

gmd024

Admin

• Administrators
  • 209 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:57 AM

I was thinking of going for the MyGica EnjoyTV 1200

MP00043-1BS.jpg
mygica80.png
DUAL-CORE HD ANDROID
UK STOCK + FREE UK DELIVERY
Dual-core Amlogic M6 box with pre-installed XBMC featuring internal 1080p HD video support and 5.1 channel HD-Audio passthrough.Mali400MP2 GPU. 1GB RAM. HDMI, composite, component, TOSLINK outputs. Built in Wi-Fi and LAN. 4x USB, 1x SD ports. Full UK/Euro Play Store.

Has the Android XMBC and Google Play store, expandable 4GB internal Storage also supports an external HDD

If you get one, keep us informed how it functions

These andriod/XBMC boxes are popping up quite a bit - I'm happy with the G-Box Midnight MX2... but I almost bought a copy/clone of the Midnight MX2 - so be sure of what you're purchasing

#17 kmac

kmac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:20 AM

This is what I found posted on another site:

"According to iRoNBiLL twitter about the processors, @iRoNBiLL_Navi_X, lead technician and project coordinator at Navi-X, "Unless we get someone willing to donate a server for our processors, they will stay offline indefinitely!"

:huh:

#18 gmd024

gmd024

Admin

• Administrators
  • 209 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:57 AM

This is what I found posted on another site:

"According to iRoNBiLL twitter about the processors, @iRoNBiLL_Navi_X, lead technician and project coordinator at Navi-X, "Unless we get someone willing to donate a server for our processors, they will stay offline indefinitely!"

:huh:

Yeah that's what I was referring to in post #14 - apparently they've ran out of $$ since that tweet, and no one offered up a server - I don't recall N/X ever being down for this long, so it doesn't sound good

N/X is/was an excellent addition to the BBox and XBMC - if it doesn't come back online, the Mask Up addon for XBMC is a nice replacement... but of course it doesn't function on the BBox

#19 kmac

kmac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:05 AM

Yeah that's what I was referring to in post #14 - apparently they've ran out of $$ since that tweet, and no one offered up a server - I don't recall N/X ever being down for this long, so it doesn't sound good

N/X is/was an excellent addition to the BBox and XBMC - if it doesn't come back online, the Mask Up addon for XBMC is a nice replacement... but of course it doesn't function on the BBox

Sad. :( Now what am I going to do...I only have the Boxee.

#20 gmd024

gmd024

Admin

• Administrators
  • 209 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:07 AM

Sad. :( Now what am I going to do...I only have the Boxee.

I believe N/X is currently back up again

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Navi-x, boxee, navixtreme, naviextreme

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users