Photo
- - - - -

Something STRANGE has happened! OSX Mavericks Airplay compatibility?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 iammrhappy

iammrhappy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:01 PM

So I was fumbling around with my iPad trying to get The Lord of the Rings to airplay from my iPad to my Boxee.

I couldn't do it, so I was trying to install an app from iTunes to my iPad to get it to play.

While I was doing it, I noticed that there was an Airplay Icon in iTunes. I clicked it and it gave me the option to choose my Boxee. 

Now we all know that after Lion was released, Airplay from OSX to Boxee was disabled. 

Its strange that iTunes would see the Boxee but when I go to my System Preferences, it says "No Airplay devices detected"

So I tested this iTunes loophole with the Lord of The Rings file. IT WORKED.

So since there is somehow a connection, I want to know why it works for iTunes but not for anything else. 

Thanks for reading. 

Best Regards 

#2 gmd024

gmd024

Admin

• Administrators
  • 210 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:35 AM

So I was fumbling around with my iPad trying to get The Lord of the Rings to airplay from my iPad to my Boxee.

I couldn't do it, so I was trying to install an app from iTunes to my iPad to get it to play.

While I was doing it, I noticed that there was an Airplay Icon in iTunes. I clicked it and it gave me the option to choose my Boxee. 

Now we all know that after Lion was released, Airplay from OSX to Boxee was disabled. 

Its strange that iTunes would see the Boxee but when I go to my System Preferences, it says "No Airplay devices detected"

So I tested this iTunes loophole with the Lord of The Rings file. IT WORKED.

So since there is somehow a connection, I want to know why it works for iTunes but not for anything else. 

Thanks for reading. 

Best Regards 

I can't answer your question... but definitely a 'Nice Find'!

You might hop on over to the AVS forum and spread the word, I'm sure many would appreciate it (and you might get an answer to your question)... 

http://www.avsforum....eature-requests

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users